Sorry I missed last week – got buried with landscaping work at home (dug up a lot of beds by hand, put down 5 cubic yards of mulch, planted perennials, etc.).
- Thoughts on passive investing “bubble (Early Retirement Now):
- Want to turn your finances around? (Simple Dollar); 8 things to remember at the beginning of financial changes.
- How to use Apps and websites to sell your stuff locally for free (tic toc life); Need to consider this for my side hustle
- Should I max out my 401K at the beginning of the year (Pete the Planner): What is the pluses and minuses of this strategy?
- Is our retirement in Panama Unexpectedly over? (Route to Retire); Some of the perils of retiring overseas.
- Why would anyone own bonds right now (a wealth of common sense); mirrors my own thoughts.
- The nine money and life lessons most people learn too late in life (CNBC);
- The Permanent Portfolio (the irrelevant investor); Interesting take on a different type of portfolio to handle potential risks involving S&P500, one-month t-bills, long-term government bonds and gold.
- Celebrating Financial Independence wins along the way (Costa Rica Fire); Taking time out to celebrate the wins will keep the motivation high
- Action Creates Motivation (Get Rich Slowly); If you want to make changes in life, you can’t just plan, you must act as well.
- Seven Phases of retirement (Retire by 40); Good review of the progress from start to finish as you journey towards full retirement.
- Money Lessons they don’t teach in school (Four Pillar Freedom); Good list, including “owning assets leads to wealth” and Compound interest