Oct 24, 2020
Sorry it’s a day late – Mrs. 39 Months and I went out to look at fall foliage and just got back. Enjoy!
- Retiring at 27? Try house hacking (Mr. Money Moustache). A lot of benefits to starting early with this.
- To 5 Tips to becoming an Extreme Early Retirement Expert (Early Retirement Extreme); Not all of them are what you expect.
- When does refinancing into a 15-year mortgage make sense? (Simple Dollar); We did this, refinancing to a 20-year, then a 15-year, then a 10-year mortgage before paying it off. In each instance, we drop about 1.5% on the interest rate.
- Five situations it would pay to have travel insurance (Tipid Tips); Wish we’d done that this year
- How much money do you need to never work again? (Life outside the maze). Ah, the eternal FI question.
- Puttering around the house (just baggage enough); sometimes its fun just doing nothing…
- Why buy bonds now (Dollars and data): Not paying much – just need to have some guaranteed income better than a CD
- The Financial Benefits of Exercise (budget life list); Estimate of $500 worth of medical expenditures for exercising
- A list of personal finance events and conferences (Get rich slowly) For when this pandemic craziness ends. /
- Cannonball run! (the retirement manifesto); Big road trip!
- How early retirement impacts social security benefits (retire by 40): An important aspect that we didn’t realize until we met with our financial advisor. Depending on when you “walk away” It could have a major impact.