Sorry its a little late. I got tied up with some major yard work over the weekend (with a lot of poison ivy) so didn’t get to this. Enjoy!
- Short-Term vs. Long-Term Financial Solutions (The Simple Dollar); Some are quick hits, some help you play the “long game.”
- Milestone reached: Early retirement phase (Leisure Freak); Good discussions on the ages phases of retirement and how they have budgeted and drawn down their money for each phase
- Comparing Median Incomes And Home Values Across America (Accidental Fire); In case you are interested in permanently working from home and cutting your costs
- Things I learned while taking a sabbatical (Budgets are Sexy); What a lot of us are interested in – taking some extended time off, but not necessarily “checking out” of work
- Don’t stop investing during a Recession (Retire by 40); Dollar cost averaging rules the roost, and you should take advantage of stocks “on sale”
- Who is driving the stock market (Irrelevant Investor); In line with what I’ve discussed, the fed injecting money, a lot of speculation, and the Chinese Flue not being as severe as originally thought.
- The Fixed Income Conundrum (Retirement Field Guide); Treasuries low, dividend in danger, savings not paying. How do we create a stream of income?
- US Fund Managers flopped in the Crisis (Evidence Investor). To nobody’s surprise, even in times of crisis, active managers underperform the market (i.e. index funds).