As many of you are aware, I’ve been developing a “side hustle’ to sell my Woodworking items (see contents to right under “TKD Woodworking”). The idea was to sell both online and at craft shows, starting in the second half of 2020. While the Wuhan Corona Virus has placed some limitations on life in general, I’ve worked hard to keep the process moving forward
- Laid out my initial plan
- Worked out how to build and determine costs for the items I was going to build
- Identified how many to build
- Began working through my fixed costs (insurance, marketing, etc.) and product costs
- Starting tracking my numbers
- Created my website to help communicate & advertise my products
So where to next? What is my timetable?
As I see it, over the next two months (May & June) I need to accomplish the following:
- Build 2-3 more project prototypes (already identified), price them, and place them on the website
- Finalize shipping costs for the items, so I can price everything correctly
- Purchase any insurance necessary, prior to opening for business (costs already identified)
- Advertise product for sale online (Etsy, Craig’s List, etc.)
- Begin looking into potential craft shows, and how I’ll setup my stall
Again, the objective is to have everything ready to go-live July 1st, no matter what the status of the Wuhan Flu is. Plenty to do, and not a lot of time to do it in. Wish me luck!
Mr. 39 Months