I’ve been doing a lot of reading (like so many others) during the Corona Virus lockdown, and I’ve decided to start a regular Saturday post in which I share the articles and posts from the previous week that interested me. Enjoy!
- What’s the best long-term investment: Get Rich Slowly: Article covers a paper which did the research from 1870-2015 (and in segments of that timeline) to show which returns did best.
- Keys to successful Retirement (Freedom is Groovy): Discussion of the “decumulation phase” of life, where you leave employment and fund a joyous retirement.
- My wife (32) constantly feels like we’re headed towards financial ruin (Reddit). Speaks to a lot of millennial FIRE folks. They’re now making six figures with online business, live frugally, no debt – but still scared.
- How is the Pandemic affecting the housing market with Paula Pant (Afford Anything Podcast): How has the pandemic affected the market? Are we due for another spate of foreclosures? What’s going to happen to housing supply?
- How commercial real estate is affected by the Corona Virus Pandemic (Financial Samurai): Demand for large-scale distribution centers has gone up (for e-commerce) but office space will probably be going down in value (as more people work from home).
- Sharing Stories of nomads during the corona virus pandemic (nomad numbers): Stories of the various people who were traveling (some by RV) and how they’ve been affected.